THE EXMOOR CARBON PROJECT
WE'RE A PROUD PARTNER OF THE NORTH DEVON BIOSPHERE RESERVE. SUPPORTING UNESCO'S AMBITIONS TOWARDS CONSERVATION AND LOCAL DEVELOPMENT
WE MANAGE BEAUTIFUL TRACKS OF ANCIENT WOODLAND ON THE NORTH WEST COAST OF EXMOOR NATIONAL PARK
WE MANAGE THE SPACES IN OUR CARE TO:
1. SEQUESTER CARBON (C. 300 TONNES PER YEAR)
2. INCREASE LOCAL BIODIVERSITY (THE HIGH BROWN FRITILLERY IS OF PARTICULAR IMPORTANCE - THE RAREST BUTTERFLY IN THE U.K)
3. PROTECT & RESCUE ANCIENT WOODLAND. IT'S A SPECIAL AND RARE ENVIRONMENT; ONLY 2.5% OF ANCIENT WOODLAND REMAINS IN THE UK, ONCE IT'S GONE. IT'S GONE.
4. ESTABLISH & MAINTAIN RURAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON EXMOOR. WE ALREADY SUPPORT TWO PART TIME POSITIONS DIRECTLY.
- UNESCO WORLD BIOSPHERE RESERVE, NORTH DEVON
- THE WOODLAND TRUST
- THE FORESTRY COMMISSION
- EXMOOR NATIONAL PARK
OUR COMMERCIAL PARTNERS:
MADE FOR DRINK
Our primary aim in the short term is to ensure Made For Drink, a UK based Premium Snacks business (www.madefordrink.com) achieves Carbon Neutral status. The Exmoor Carbon Project was born in partnership with Made For Drink as a means of taking responsibility for it's sustainability goals. Outsourcing it's problems to the other side of the world just didn't sit right.
Over the next 3 years the ambition is to also help other UK food and drink business' achieve Carbon Neutral status and inspire other larger business' to follow our lead.
For the food & drink industry Carbon offsetting is not the ultimate solution, CO2 reduction is. But it helps to bridge and overcome longer term supply chain and agricultural challenges. We believe that those offsetting measures needn't be out of reach and impossible to experience on the otherside of the planet.
We're always interested to hear from people so please do get in touch via the form below.
Cheers, Dan & Jen Featherstone
Co-Founders & Directors, The Exmoor Carbon Project